Given the structure of the Indian Premier League, the team has often all the bases covered to try out different formations. formation has it in it to put on table various permutation and combination.
Perhaps, this is the apogee of the IPL or for that matter, any other T20 league around the world. The sight of fierce opponents playing alongside each other in T20 leagues is what allures the audiences to the stadiums during these tournaments for no international tourney has this on offer for the spectators.
Here are the Top-Five players who have done well against the team that they will be playing for in this upcoming season of the IPL:
5. Yusuf Pathan (SunRisers Hyderabad) – Been a member of three IPL victories so far, Yusuf Pathan is all set to don the jersey of SunRisers Hyderabad in this season of the IPL. Having played for Kolkata Knight Riders for the last seven years, Pathan will enter this season playing for a franchise that he has historically done well against. In the 12 matches that he has played against SRH, he has scored 286 runs at an average of 57.20 and a strike rate of 161.58.
4. JP Duminy (Mumbai Indians) – Having made his debut for Mumbai Indians in 2009, JP Duminy has returned to the same franchise after having stints with Deccan Chargers and Delhi Daredevils over the years. During these stints, Duminy has had a stellar record against Indians, scoring 261 runs against them in 8 matches at an average of 65.25 and a strike rate of 133.16.
3. Manish Pandey (SunRisers Hyderabad) – A similar case like Pathan, Manish Pandey will play alongside his former Knight Riders-teammate for SunRisers Hyderabad in this season of the IPL. A consistent run-scorer in the tournament, Pandey was the first Indian batsman to score a century in the IPL. In the 11 matches that he has played so far, he has scored 305 runs at an average of 38.12 and a strike rate of 118.67.
2. Harbhajan Singh (Chennai Super Kings) – Having played for Mumbai Indians for a decade, Harbhajan Singh will play for a new franchise for the first time in his IPL career. His battles with regular CSK batsmen in Suresh Raina and Mahendra Singh Dhoni are still fresh in the minds of the spectators. That being said, he will play alongside both those IPL stalwarts this year.
In the 21 matches that he has played against Super Kings in the past, he has picked up 24 wickets at an average of 21.04 and an economy rate of 6.55.
1. Chris Gayle (Kings XI Punjab) – Universe boss, Chris Gayle, has played for Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore in the past. In his decade-long IPL career, he has played 16 matches against his current IPL franchise, Kings XI Punjab. He has amassed 797 runs against them at an average of 53.13 and a sensational strike rate of 174.78.