“Please ask Dhoni,” said Sourav Ganguly when the BCCI President was asked if the veteran wicket-keeper batsman would take a part of next year’s T20 World Cup in Australia. MS Dhoni has been out of action since India’s semifinal loss against New Zealand in the ODI World Cup in England in July. He was not a part of the tour of the West Indies and the home series against South Africa and Bangladesh respectively.
“Please ask Dhoni,” said Sourav Ganguly on Sunday when he was asked about the possibility of Dhoni featuring in the upcoming T20 World Cup.
MS Dhoni himself had said that till January he won’t answer any questions related to his future. The 38-year-old, who successfully captains Chennai Super Kings in the IPL title thrice, will miss the limited-overs home series against the West Indies which will start December 6, and comprising three T20 Internationals and as many One Day Internationals.
National selection committee chairman MSK Prasad has already told earlier that they have “moved on” and Dhoni is aware of that they are focusing on youngsters such as Rishabh Pant while keeping in mind the T20 World Cup in Australia next year.
One of the most celebrated cricketers in the world cricket, Dhoni led India to two world titles — the 2007 World T20 in South Africa and the 2011 ODI World Cup at home as well.