IPL 2021
Trent Boult Looking Forward To Taking Part In IPL 2021 In UAE
By CricShots - Jun 1, 2021 2:46 pm
Views 70
Share Post

New Zealand fast bowler, Trent Boult, who was plying his trade for the Mumbai Indians (MI) in the suspended Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 opined that he would love to play the remaining matches of the IPL scheduled to be taking place in the UAE later this year. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Saturday announced that IPL 2021 will find closure in the months of September and October in UAE. Boult expressed excitement for playing in the remainder of the tournament.

Trent Boult
Trent Boult bowled a toe-crushing yorker

During a virtual press conference, Trent Boult said, “I obviously have experienced India a lot, the fans and culture too but it was different this time, obviously very quiet, the usual hum around the streets, the fans were just not there. It was differently different to play half of the tournament. Looks like it is moving forward to the UAE, it was held very nicely last year there. If I’ll get a chance I’ll be looking forward to finish that campaign off myself.”

ALSO READ: Trent Boult Likely To Miss England Test Series For World Test Championship Final

The IPL 2021 was suspended on May 4 as BCCI didn’t want to compromise on the safety of the players, support staff, and the other participants, who were infected with the virus. ament with an eye on the COVID-19 situation. Boult admitted that things escalated quite quickly last month but he was grateful to feature in the IPL 2021 before it was suspended.

trent boult
Trent Boult had a phenomenal outing in teh UAE

Talking about the same, Trent Boult said, “I suppose things obviously escalated pretty quickly over there. Very grateful in the first place to be involved in the IPL to get an opportunity to play on that stage. What happened was very unfortunate, I’m glad that I got out safely and can move forward now.”

ALSO READ: Bhuvneshwar Kumar Quarantined With His Wife After Showing Covid-19 Symptoms

Meanwhile, BCCI has decided that it will keep a window till around July before taking a call on the availability of foreign players. Cricket Australia’s (CA) chief executive Nick Hockley has said they will be making the decision on players’ participation in the IPL later.