On Monday Australian cricket team’s bus met with an accident as they were attacked with a big rock while returning to the hotel and soon the covered with a lot of Security personnel.
Cricket Australia (CA) have suggested that the rock could also have been hurled by another vehicle, doubting the local authorities considering the last time Australia didn’t tour to Bangladesh due to some security issues. In 2015, Australia canceled their tour of Bangladesh due to security fears and also withdrew from the U-19 World Cup last year.
Describing the incident, CA security manager, Sean Carroll said, “En route back to the hotel last night a window on the Australian team bus was broken. No one was injured in the incident. Team security personnel are currently in discussion with local authorities while they investigate the cause, which is believed to have come from a small rock or stone.”
The Bangladeshi authorities are taking the matter seriously and said that it was just an accident. Chittagong division police commissioner Mohammad Iqbal Bahar said, “We inquired into it yesterday. Construction works are going on along the route and one of the escorting vehicles sent the rock flying into the window of the team bus.”
Australia is trailing the series 0-1 after losing the opening Test in Mirpur by 20 runs.