Today on July 7, 2018, former World-T20-winning and World-Cup-winning Indian captain MS Dhoni becomes the 37-year-old. Apart from being a successful world-class captain, Dhoni is also one of the best wicketkeepers, batsmen and finishers in the world cricket. And of course, he is one of the most loving and respected cricketers in the world.
After making an international cricket debut in December 2004, Dhoni has played 90 Tests, 318 ODIs and 92 T20Is where he has broken many records. The right-handed wicketkeeper-batsman has scored 16,330 runs in international cricket career and also has made a total of 780 dismissals in the international cricket as a wicketkeeper.
Though he has retired from the Test cricket and also has given up his international cricket captaincy, he is still playing the limited-overs international crickets in best form.
Here are some important international cricket records of MS Dhoni which are still on top:
- Only captain to win three different ICC trophies (2007 ICC World T20, 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup and 2013 ICC Champions Trophy)
- Most international matches played as captain (331 matches)
- Most matches win as T20I captain (41 matches)
- Hit the most number of sixes in international cricket as captain (211 sixes)
- Highest knock in a Test innings as a wicketkeeper-captain (224 runs against Australia at Chennai in 2013)
As wicketkeeper and batsman
- Highest ODI knock as a wicketkeeper-batsman (183* against Sri Lanka at Jaipur on October 31, 2005)
- Most international stumpings made as a wicketkeeper (178; updated on July 7, 2018)
- Most number of T20I catches taken as a wicketkeeper (49; updated on July 7, 2018)
- Most number of not-out innings in international cricket (134; updated on July 7, 2018)
- And the latest, only wicketkeeper to play 500 international matches