IPL 2021
CSK CEO Confirms Michael Hussey Tests Negative For Covid-19
By Aditya Pratap - May 14, 2021 8:30 pm
Views 60

Former Australian batsman Michael Hussey has defeated coronavirus. He was first tested positive during the now-suspended Indian Premier League 2021. Hussey has produced a negative result and is expected to fly back home on Sunday where he will be needed to complete mandatory quarantine.

Michael Hussey
Michael Hussey

Meanwhile, Indian wicketkeeper Wriddhiman Saha came positive again in his latest Covid-19 test. Saha is named in the Indian squad for the tour of the UK, where the team will play the final of the World Test Championship and a five-match Test series against England.

Also Read: Michael Hussey comes Covid-19 positive for the second time

“Hussey has returned with negative RT-PCR results and has recovered well. We haven’t yet decided when he is going to fly back and which route he will take — Maldives or Australia,” CSK CEO Kashi Viswanathan told PTI on Friday.

Apart from Hussey, other Australian players, coaching staff and commentators took a route to Maldives, where they will finish their quarantine period before leaving for home.

Saha produced one negative test while his other test was positive. Hence, he was not allowed to come out of quarantine. He shared the information on his Twitter account.

“My quarantine period is still not over. Out of the two tests done, 1 was negative and other one came as positive. Otherwise, I am doing much better. Requesting everyone not to spread misleading stories/information without whole context,” the SunRisers Hyderabad player posted his statement on Twitter.

Also Read: Wriddhiman Saha shares an adorable sketch drawn by his daughter

The IPL 2021 was going strong without fans but the coronavirus breached into the bio-bubble. Kolkata Knight Riders’ Varun Chakravarthy and Sandeep Warrior were the first players to contract the virus before the players from other camps also started giving positive tests for Covid-19. The BCCI decided the inevitable and indefinitely suspended the league with 31 games left in the season.