Glenn Maxwell Caught Vaping in Dressing Room After Dismissal Against South Africa
By CricShots - Oct 13, 2023 12:22 pm
Views 146

Australian all-rounder Glenn Maxwell was caught vaping with an electronic cigarette following his dismissal in the ICC World Cup 2023 match against South Africa on Thursday, October 12. The video of Maxwell smoking a vape in the dressing room quickly went viral on social media. Maxwell had a mixed day on the field, picking up two wickets with the ball but failing to make an impact with the bat.

Glenn Maxwell
Glenn Maxwell was caught vaping

Glenn Maxwell was dismissed for just three runs off 17 deliveries during Australia’s unsuccessful run chase. The video of Maxwell vaping in the dressing room was captured during the 20th over of Australia’s chase, with the team at 80 for 6. The video shows Maxwell taking a puff from an e-cigarette and then exhaling the smoke.

ALSO READ: Ravichandran Ashwin Pays Heartfelt Tribute To DJ Gokulakrishnan

It is not clear whether Maxwell was aware that he was being filmed, but the video has sparked a debate about the use of e-cigarettes by athletes. Some people have argued that Maxwell should be punished for vaping, while others have said that it is a personal choice and that he should not be penalized for it.


Maxwell has not yet commented on the incident, but it is likely that he will face some form of disciplinary action from Cricket Australia. The governing body has a strict policy on smoking and vaping, and players are prohibited from using tobacco or nicotine products in public areas.

ALSO READ: Arijit Singh, Shreya Ghoshal To Perform At India vs Pakistan World Cup Clash Ceremony

It is also worth noting that Maxwell is a role model for many young people, and his actions could send the wrong message. Vaping is a harmful habit that can lead to serious health problems, and it is important for athletes to set a good example for their fans.

It is unclear whether Glenn Maxwell will face any disciplinary action from the Australian cricket board. However, the incident has certainly raised some questions about the use of e-cigarettes by professional athletes.