India won the third and final T20I of the three-match T20I series against the hosts Australia at Sydney on Sunday night and drew the series by 1-1.
Australian skipper Aaron Finch decided to bat first after winning the toss. Despite having a good start, Australia was restricted to 164/6 (20 overs). In reply, India reached the target in 19.4 overs after losing four wickets.
Brief Score: Australia – 164/6 in 20 overs (D’Arcy Short 33, Aaron Finch 28; Krunal Pandya 4/36)
India – 168/4 in 19.4 overs (Virat Kohli 61*, Shikhar Dhawan 41; Adam Zampa 1/22)
Result – India won by 6 wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) The Indian left-arm spinner Krunal Pandya had a bowling figure of 4-0-36-4.
- Best T20I bowling figure by a spinner on the Australian soil. The previous record was 2-0-10-3 by Glenn Maxwell (Australia) against England at Hobart on February 7, 2018.
- Best T20I bowling figure by a left-arm bowler against Australia. The previous record was 2.3-0-13-3 by Sohail Tanvir (Pakistan) at Dubai (DSC) on September 5, 2012.
Also watch: Krunal Pandya Takes Two In Two
ii) Indian wicketkeeper-batsman Rishabh Pant scored a golden duck.
- First Indian wicketkeeper-batsman to score a golden duck in T20I.
- The second time an Indian wicketkeeper-batsman was dismissed for a duck in T20I. Earlier, MS Dhoni scored a duck against South Africa at Johannesburg on December 1, 2006.
iii) Indian skipper Virat Kohli scored unbeaten 61 off 41 balls.
- It was Kohli’s 19th T20I half-century. Joint most no. of 50+ knocks in T20I history as Rohit Sharma (India) has also played 19 times 50+ knocks in the T20I career.
- It was Kohli’s eighth T20I half-century in the away venues (home of opposition; excluded neutral venues). Joint most no.of 50+ knocks in the T20I career in the away venues (home of opposition; excluded neutral venues). Rohit Sharma (India) and Mohammad Hafeez (Pakistan) have also played eight 50+ knocks each in this list.
iv) Indian skipper Virat Kohli has scored 488 runs in T20I against Australia.
- Most T20I runs scored by any batsman against any particular team. Kohli surpassed Martin Guptill’s (New Zealand) 463 T20I runs against Pakistan.
v) This three-match T20I series ended with the 1-1 scoreline.
- India has never lost the three-match T20I series.