In the 13th match of IPL 2018, hosts Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) claimed a big victory against Delhi Daredevils (DD) at Eden Gardens (Kolkata) on Monday night.
Delhi won the toss and decided to bowl first. KKR put a big total of 200/9 on the board in 20 overs. Chasing down that target, DD was bowled out for just 129 runs in 14.2 overs. KKR won this game by 71 runs.
Brief Scores: KKR – 200/9 in 20 overs (Nitish Rana 59, Andre Russell 41, Rahul Tewatia 3/18)
DD – 129 in 14.2 overs (Glenn Maxwell 47, Rishabh Pant 43, Sunil Narine 3/18)
Result – KKR won by 71 runs
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) DD left-arm pacer Trent Boult bowled a maiden over in the opening over of the game.
- First maiden over in IPL 2018.
ii) KKR batsman Andre Russell had the batting strike-rate of 341.66.
- Highest batting strike-rate in IPL innings for a KKR batsman (minimum 30 runs in an innings). The previous record holder was Yusuf Pathan with 327.27 batting strike rate against Sunrisers Hyderabad at Kolkata on May 24, 2014.
iii) KKR scored 200/9 in 20 overs.
- Highest IPL total for KKR against DD. The previous record was 181/3 (20 overs) at Kolkata on April 7, 2010.
- Joint highest IPL total for KKR at Eden Gardens (Kolkata). Previous, they had also scored 200/3 (20 overs) against Kings XI Punjab on April 4, 2010.
iv) DD right-arm pacer Mohammed Shami had the bowling figure of 4-0-53-1.
- Most expensive IPL bowling figure (minimum bowled 4 overs) as a DD bowler against KKR. The previous record holder was Dirk Nannes with 4-0-49-0 at Durban on May 5, 2009.
v) KKR off-spinner Sunil Narine completed taking his 100 IPL wickets as he has now 102 IPL wickets and all for KKR.
- Third overseas player to take 100+ IPL wickets. The other two in this list are Lasith Malinga (154 IPL wickets) and Dwayne Bravo (123 IPL wickets).
- Third bowler to claim 100+ IPL wickets for a team. The first two bowlers were Lasith Malinga for Mumbai Indians (154 wickets) and Harbhajan Singh for Mumbai Indians (127 wickets).
vi) KKR won this match by 71 runs.
- Third largest IPL victory (by runs) for KKR against any team. The top two in this list are winning by 140 runs against Royal Challengers Bengaluru at Bengaluru (April 18, 2008) and winning by 82 runs against Royal Challengers Bengaluru at Kolkata (April 23, 2017).