In the 15th game of IPL 2018, the visiting team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) thrashed the hosts Rajasthan Royals (RR) by 7 wickets (with 7 balls to spare) at Sawai Mansingh Stadium (Jaipur) on Wednesday night.
KKR won the toss and decided to bowl first. They restricted the hosts Rajasthan for 160/8 at the end of 20 overs. In reply, KKR successfully chased down the target in 18.5 overs after losing three wickets only.
Brief Scores: RR – 160/8 in 20 overs (D’Arcy Short 44, Ajinkya Rahane 36, Nitish Rana 2/11)
KKR – 163/3 in 18.5 overs (Robin Uthappa 48, Dinesh Karthik 42*, Krishnappa Gowtham 2/23)
Result – KKR won by 7 wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) RR skipper Ajinkya Rahane scored 36 runs in this match.
- Highest IPL knock by an RR captain against KKR. The previous record was 33 by Shane Watson at Abu Dhabi on April 29, 2014.
ii) KKR leg-spinner Piyush Chawla had the bowling figure of 4-0-18-1 with 4.50 economy rate.
- The second best economy rate for a KKR spinner (minimum bowled 24 balls in an innings) against RR in IPL history. The record holder is Shakib Al Hasan with 4.25 economy rate (4-0-17-3) at Kolkata on April 13, 2012.
iii) KKR off-spinner Sunil Narine had the bowling figure of 4-0-48-0 with 12.00 economy rate.
- Most runs conceded in an innings by Sunil Narine in IPL career. The previous record was conceding 46 runs (4-0-46-1) against Kings XI Punjab in the IPL 2014 final at Bengaluru (June 1, 2014).
- Most runs conceded in an innings by a KKR bowler against RR in IPL career. The previous record holder was Ajit Agarkar with 4-0-46-1 bowling figure at Jaipur on May 1, 2008.
iv) KKR batsmen Sunil Narine and Robin Uthappa put a brilliant 69-run partnership for the second wicket.
- KKR’s second highest IPL partnership for the second wicket against RR. The record is 152* partnership between Gautam Gambhir and Jacques Kallis at Jaipur on April 15, 2011.
v) KKR successfully chased the 161-run target (163/3 in 18.5 overs).
- Highest IPL chase for KKR against RR. The previous record was chasing 160 runs (160/1 in 18.3 overs) at Jaipur on April 15, 2011.
vi) It was the 50th IPL victory for KKR.
- First IPL team to secure 50 IPL victories.
vii) RR lost by 7 wickets.
- RR’s first IPL defeat at Sawai Mansingh Stadium (Jaipur) after their nine consecutive victories at the venue.