In the 16th game of IPL 2018, hosts Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) will face Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium (Mohali, Chandigarh) on Thursday night. Presently, the Hyderabad team is at the second position and KXIP is at the third position of the points table.
Sunrisers Hyderabad is the only team in this IPL season who have not lost a game yet as they won their all three games in this season (Rajasthan Royals, Mumbai Indians, and Kolkata Knight Riders). Meanwhile, KXIP has played three games in this season and won twice of them (Delhi Daredevils and Chennai Super Kings) while they have lost against Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Both teams are desperate to clinch a victory in this game.
Before the beginning of the game, we are looking at some important stats of KXIP and SRH, which are related to the upcoming match.
Form in the IPL 2018
KXIP – Won, Lost and Won
SRH – Won, Won, and Won
Head-to-head IPL records between KXIP and SRH
Important IPL stats at At Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium (Mohali, Chandigarh)
Important IPL stats between KXIP and SRH
Other important stats
- Since 2015, the Hyderabad franchise has won all games against KXIP.
- It will be 200th T20 career match for KXIP captain Ravichandran Ashwin.
- KXIP batsman Karun Nair (1,977 runs) needs to score 23 more runs to complete his 2,000 runs in T20 career.
- KXIP pacer Mohit Sharma (12 wickets) needs 2 more wickets to become the most wicket taker against SRH in IPL history. The record holder is Lasith Malinga with 13 IPL wickets against SRH.
- SRH spinner Shakib Al Hasan (299 wickets) needs 1 more wicket to complete his 300 wickets in T20 career.