Hosts Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) claimed a superb comfortable victory against Delhi Daredevils (DD) at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium (Bengaluru) on Saturday night.
RCB captain Virat Kohli won the toss and decided to bat first. DD put a total of 174/5 in 20 overs which was successfully chased down by the hosts in 18 overs after losing 4 wickets (176/4).
Brief Scores: DD – 174/5 in 20 overs (Rishabh Pant 85, Shreyas Iyer 52, Yuzvendra Chahal 2/22)
RCB – 176/4 in 18 overs (AB de Villiers 90*, Virat Kohli 30, Glenn Maxwell 1/13)
Result – RCB won by 6 wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) DD batsmen Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant put an important 75-run partnership for the third wicket.
- The second highest third-wicket partnership for Delhi Daredevils against Royal Challengers Bangalore. The record is the 134-run partnership at Bengaluru on April 17, 2016.
ii) DD batsman Shreyas Iyer completed his half-century in just 29 balls.
- Joint third fastest IPL half-century by any Delhi batsman against Bangalore.
Top 5 fastest IPL half-centuries by any DD batsman against RCB
iii) DD batsman Rishabh Pant scored 85 runs.
- Third highest IPL knock for any DD batsman against RCB.
Top 3 IPL knocks from DD batsmen against RCB
- Highest IPL knock from a DD batsman in a losing cause. The previous record holder was Chris Morris with 82* against Gujarat Lions at Delhi on April 27, 2016.
iv) RCB batsman AB de Villiers completed his half-century in just 24 balls.
- Joint fastest IPL half-century by any RCB batsman against DD. Previously, Yuvraj Singh had also once completed his IPL half-century against Delhi in 24 balls in Bengaluru on May 13, 2014.
v) RCB batsman AB de Villiers scored 90* in this match.
- Third highest IPL knock by any RCB batsman against DD.
Top 3 highest IPL knocks by any RCB batsmen against DD
vi) At the end of this match, RCB batsman AB de Villiers has scored total 3,014 IPL runs for RCB.
- The second overseas batsman to complete 3,000 or more career runs in IPL history. The first overseas man was Chris Gayle who had scored 3,163 IPL runs for Royal Challengers Bangalore.
vii) RCB successfully chased the target of 175 runs (176/4 in 18 overs).
- Record IPL chase for Bangalore against Delhi. The previous record was 161 runs (161/7 in 19.3 overs) at Delhi on April 26, 2011.