In the 48th game of IPL 2018, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) totally outplayed the hosts Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) in their important encounter at Holkar Cricket Stadium (Indore).
RCB captain Virat Kohli elected to field first after winning the toss. KXIP batsmen had the disaster performances with the bat as they were bowled out for just 88 runs in 15.1 overs.
In reply, RCB chased down that target successfully in just 8.1 overs without losing any wicket.
Brief Scores: KXIP – 88 in 15.1 overs (Aaron Finch 26, KL Rahul 21, Umesh Yadav 3/23)
RCB – 92/0 in 8.1 overs (Virat Kohli 48*, Parthiv Patel 40*)
Result – RCB won by 10 wickets
Here are some of the statistical highlights of the match:
i) KXIP was bowled out for just 88 runs in 15.1 overs.
- The second lowest total for any team in the IPL 2018. The lowest one is 87 (18.5 overs) by Mumbai Indians against Sunrisers Hyderabad at Mumbai on April 24.
- Joint second lowest IPL total for KXIP.
Lowest IPL totals (only completed innings) for KXIP
- The second fewest overs were played by any team in the completed innings of IPL 2018. The lowest one in 14.2 overs which were played by Delhi Daredevils (129 in 14.2 overs) against Kolkata Knight Riders at Kolkata on April 16.
ii) RCB pacer Umesh Yadav had the bowling figure of 4-0-23-3.
- Best IPL bowling figure by an RCB bowler against KXIP at outside Bengaluru. The previous best was 2-0-12-2 by Harshal Patel at Mohali on May 13, 2015.
- Umesh Yadav has claimed total 26 IPL wickets against KXIP which is the second most no. of IPL wickets by a pacer against any particular opponents. The record holder is Dwayne Bravo with 27 IPL wickets against Mumbai Indians.
Also read: (KXIP vs RCB) – Turning point of the Match
iii) RCB batsmen Virat Kohli and Parthiv Patel put a 92-run partnership for the opening wicket.
- The second highest IPL partnership for RCB against KXIP during their chasing. The record is the 131-run partnership for the fourth wicket between Chris Gayle and AB de Villiers at Mohali on April 20, 2012.
iv) RCB skipper Virat Kohli has scored 514 runs in the IPL 2018.
- It is the fifth time when Virat Kohli has scored 500 or more runs in an IPL season. He became the first player to score 500 or more runs for more than four IPL seasons. David Warner has scored 500 or more runs in the four IPL seasons.
v) RCB won this game by 10 wickets.
- First time in IPL 2018 when a team won by 10 wickets.
- First time in IPL history when a team won by 10 wickets between the game of KXIP and RCB. The previous record was KXIP won by 9 wickets at Mohali on May 12, 2008.
- Second time in IPL history (in the full 20-over games) when KXIP lost by 10 wickets. In overall, KXIP has won three times by 10 wickets in the IPL history.
Occasions when KXIP lost by 10 wickets in the IPL history (in the full 20-over games)
- Third time in IPL history when RCB won by 10 wickets.
Occasions when RCB won by 10 wickets in the IPL history
Also read: Match 48 (KXIP vs RCB) – Hits and Flops
vi) RCB chased down the total successfully with 71 balls to spare.
- Largest IPL victory (by balls remaining in the second innings) for RCB. Their previous record was winning by 10 wickets with 57 balls to spare (target 96 runs) against Delhi Daredevils at Delhi on April 26, 2015.
- Largest IPL defeat (by balls remaining in the second innings) for KXIP. Their previous largest one was losing by 9 wickets with 48 balls to spare (target 74 runs) against Rising Pune Supergiant at Pune on May 14, 2017.
- Fourth largest IPL victory (by balls remaining in the second innings) for any team.
Largest IPL victories (by balls remaining in the second innings)