Ahead of the crucial semi-final match between India and New Zealand at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Wednesday, the city police has issued an advisory for spectators. Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), Zone 1, Pravin Mundhe, stated that the city has already hosted four matches successfully and is well-prepared in terms of security, but given the significance of this match, they have heightened the security measures.
Here are the key points from the advisory:
- Arrive early: The process of entry into the stadium will begin at 11:30 AM, well before the scheduled start time of 2:00 PM.
- Avoid carrying bags and other objects: To avoid delays during security checks, spectators are requested to avoid carrying bags, power banks, papers, objectionable pamphlets, posters, pens, or any other such objects.
- Avoid carrying inflammable articles and tobacco products: Spectators are also requested to avoid carrying any inflammable articles, such as lighters or matchboxes, and any kind of tobacco products.
- Take public transport: There is no parking in the vicinity of the stadium, so spectators are advised to take public transport.
- Getting to the stadium: Those taking local trains can get down at the Church Gate station to approach Gates 1, 2, and 7 of the stadium. To access Gates 3, 4, and 5A, spectators should get down at the Marine Drive station.
DCP Mundhe emphasized that these instructions are not intended to cause any inconvenience to the spectators, but rather to ensure a safe and secure match.
Here are some additional tips for spectators:
- Dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. It is expected to be a hot and humid day in Mumbai on Wednesday, so dress accordingly and stay hydrated.
- Be prepared for long queues and delays. Security checks will be thorough, so be patient and expect to wait in line for some time.
- Be respectful of other spectators and staff. This is a special event for everyone involved, so be on your best behavior and enjoy the match.
By following these tips, spectators can help ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for everyone at the India vs New Zealand World Cup semi-final.