Indian opener KL Rahul has grabbed a lot of attention from one and all with his talent. In domestic cricket he plays for Karnataka, is one of the most technically sound batsmen in the domestic circuit. He also has the ability to who can make quick adjustments to his game according to the conditions.
Rahul has earned a lot of followers already in his not-so-long international career, with his batting. He is regarded as a future long-term opener for India, across all three formats of the game.
In an interview to BCCI.tv, KL Rahul revealed some personal insights which his fans would love to know.
Here are some excerpts from the candid interview of KL Rahul:
- Favorite Song: I love my music. I listen to a lot of different songs. There are two songs I listen to a lot these days. One is ‘Firestone’ by Kygo and the other is ‘Ghost Town’ by Adam Lambert.
- Favorite Movie: I am a huge Batman fan. I love all the Batman movies.
favorite Musician/Band: I love Coldplay and The Script. I also love a lot of house and EDM music.
- Favorite Holiday destination: Spain.
- Favorite Cuisine: Japanese. I love sushi.
- Favorite Mother’s recipe: Bhindi (ladyfinger) curry and chapatti that my mom makes.
- Favorite Fictional Character (cartoon or any character from a movie): Batman.
- Favorite Sportsperson outside cricket: Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Favorite cricketer: Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers
- I would pay to watch Sachin Tendulkar and Varun Aaron is my best cricket mate.
- My first coach, Mr. Jairaj is my go-to person for any advice on cricket.
- Mantra for life: Work hard, play hard.
- If I weren’t a cricketer I would have been playing some sport, for sure. Maybe football or tennis. I would be a striker if I were a footballer.
- Favorite Attire: It depends on the occasion. But I like ripped denim, plain T-shirt, and cool shoes.
- Favorite cricket venue: I love the Chinnaswamy Stadium (Bengaluru). Nothing can beat the feeling of being there. Also the MCG. It is very memorable.