On Friday, Indian cricketer Ravindra Jadeja scored his first century in international cricket career during the second day of the first Test of two-match Test series against Windies at Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Rajkot).
In the first innings of the ongoing Test match, Jadeja becomes the third Indian batsman to score the century. Earlier, the debutant opener Prithvi Shaw (134) and the skipper Virat Kohli (139) played the three-figure knocks in this innings.
Now, the 29-year-old left-handed lower middle-order batsman Ravindra Jadeja joined in that three-figure runs list of the innings. Playing his 58th Test innings, Jadeja first completed his half-century in 87 balls and then he reached to the three-figure score in 132 balls. Jadeja remained not out at the end of the innings on 100 off 132 balls (5 fours and 5 sixes) as the skipper declared that innings on 649/9, just after Jadeja completed his maiden international century.
Here are some important stats of Ravindra Jadeja’s brilliant knock
- It was Ravindra Jadeja’s 10th 50+ knocks in Test cricket and all at no.7 batting position. Sixth Indian batsman to score 10 or more 50+ knocks in Test career at no.7 batting position. The other five batsmen in this list are Kapil Dev (34 times 50+ knocks), MS Dhoni (28 times 50+ knocks), Ravichandran Ashwin (11 times 50+ knocks), Harbhajan Singh (11 times 50+ knocks) and Syed Kirmani (11 times 50+ knocks).
- It was Ravindra Jadeja’s maiden century in the international cricket career.
- It was also Ravindra Jadeja’s ninth century in the first-class cricket career.
- Ravindra Jadeja becomes the only third left-handed Indian batsman to score a Test century against Windies (West Indies). The first two cricketers in this list are Salim Durani (104 at Port of Spain in 1962) and Eknath Solkar (102 at Mumbai in 1975).
- Ravindra Jadeja becomes the seventh Indian batsman to score a Test century against Windies (West Indies) at no.7 or lower batting position. The other six batsmen are Hemu Adhikari, Kapil Dev (twice), Ajay Ratra, MS Dhoni, Ravichandran Ashwin (twice) and Wriddhiman Saha.
Here are some twitter reactions:
Jadeja’s career in all three formats hasn’t quite panned out the way he would have wished. But he does not whine about it & gives his best wherever he gets a chance. I admire him for that. Congratulations to him on a maiden Test ton.👏👏👏🙏.#INDvsWI
— Sanjay Manjrekar (@sanjaymanjrekar) October 5, 2018
राजपूत का राजकोट में राज….क्या तलवारबाज़ी 🙏🙌
1st Test hundred for Sir Jadeja 👏👏 #IndvWI
— Aakash Chopra (@cricketaakash) October 5, 2018
— Rajat Sharma (@RajatSharmaLive) October 5, 2018
How could Jadeja not score a century on his home ground in this run orgy!?
— Cricketwallah (@cricketwallah) October 5, 2018
In his last 10 Tests, Ravindra Jadeja has scored 424 runs at an average of 71.#INDvWI
— Suneer (@suneerchowdhary) October 5, 2018
Ravindra jadeja the man with sword in hand thanking God after his first 1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ #INDvsWI Sir jadeja is proving again and again that he deserves a place in all three format's #BCCI pic.twitter.com/BHSdTWwkKZ
— Arun pratap singh (@Robbiu9) October 5, 2018
What a shit team the Windies have become. Like ab toh Ravindra Jadeja bhi century maarne laga unke saamne 😢
— Bhayanak Puppy (@BhayanakPuppy) October 5, 2018
Local Boy #jadeja scores a century and celebrates in his own unique style😊
— Aparna (@Aparna10__) October 5, 2018
The Day 2 of Test Cricket has witnessed the 3rd Centurion and its none other than Sir Ravindra Jadeja who notched up his Maiden Test 💯. He lept in Joy and kept his arms aloft, closed his eyes and the looked the skies. We expected a sword celebration after he reached his 10th…
— ❤ⱽᶦʳᵃᵗᶦᵃⁿADI🇮🇳❤ (@Aditya_k168) October 5, 2018
Homeboy Ravindra Jadeja brings up his 10th Test half-century.
— FirstCricket (@FirstCric) October 5, 2018
The Indian all-rounder ravindra jadeja first 💯 for Test
— Satish Vivek (@imsatishvivek) October 5, 2018
— AMOL (@Imamol97) October 5, 2018