Former Indian skipper, Sourav Ganguly has resigned as the President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). On the occasion, he shared an emotional post on his official Instagram account. In this post, he thanked the fans and fellow players for the journey so far and sought support in future as well.
In an emotional post on his official Instagram account, Sourav Ganguly wrote: “2022 marks the 30th year since the start of my journey with cricket in 1992. Since then, cricket has given me a lot. Most importantly, it has given me the support of all of you. I want to thank every single person who has been a part of the journey, supported me, and helped me reach where I am today.”
He further added, “Announce Today, I am planning to start something that I feel will probably help a lot of people. I hope you continue your support as I enter this chapter of my life.”
View this post on Instagram
After seeing this thanking note of Sourav Ganguly, it seems that he has made up his mind to leave the post of BCCI. Going to start a new innings means it is clear that leaving the responsibility was fulfilling.
Ganguly, who at one time had been fondly dubbed `Prince of Calcutta’ for his cricketing prowess, told reporters, “Bohu kotha rote (many speculations are rife), … but I have known him (Shah) since 2008. While playing, I used to meet him. There’s nothing more than that. As per the quotes in ANI, even BCCI secretary, Jay Shah said, Sourav Ganguly has not resigned as the president of BCCI”.
While speculations of Sourav Ganguly have existed ever since 2021 during the West Bengal Assembly elections, they grew when the BCCI President hosted Amit Shah and several other BJP leaders at his residence for dinner on May 10. During the Home Minister’s recent visit to West Bengal, Ganguly hosted the honorary minister. With the 49-year-old already having close ties with Amit Shah’s son, Jay Shah, during their time at the BCCI, it seemed within the realm of possibility that Ganguly would make the transition.