Suryakumar Yadav, the dynamic batsman of Mumbai Indians, has been hailed as the most innovative batter in white-ball cricket since his return to the team in 2018. Ahead of the crucial Qualifier 2 match against Gujarat Titans in IPL 2023, Yadav opened up about the support he received upon joining the Mumbai Indians camp.
The five-time champions have consistently discovered exceptional talents, and Yadav stands as another shining star in their impressive lineup. The T20 batting sensation revealed the trust and backing he received from the franchise upon his return to Mumbai in 2018.
ALSO READ: Chris Gayle Believes CSK Wouldn’t Want to Face MI in IPL 2023 Final
“When I came back to Mumbai Indians in 2018, it felt like coming back to my family. They had immense faith in me and gave me the opportunity to bat higher up the order, which was a significant turning point. I scored runs in 2018, and my role changed from the following year,” expressed Suryakumar Yadav during the interview.
He further added, “The team made it clear about my role, and they trusted me. It was my time to repay them and take my game to the next level. I worked hard to elevate my skills. They took two steps, and I took four. The bond is strong.”
ALSO READ: Aakash Chopra Criticizes Harshal Patel’s Performance in IPL 2023 Season
While the emergence of Akash Madhwal in this season’s competition has received praise for Mumbai’s talent scouting and recruitment system, Yadav emphasized the vital role played by the franchise in nurturing talented cricketers. He acknowledged that the Mumbai Indians provide every possible support to aid the development and success of individuals, including top-notch practice facilities and mental support.
From the shadows to the spotlight! 📸
Ishan Kishan opens up about MSD, @mipaltan‘s unparalleled talent scouting and nurturing process, turning hidden gems into dazzling stars on the big stage and much more 💎🌟#TATAIPL #IPLonJioCinema #IPL2023 #MumbaiIndians | @ishankishan51 pic.twitter.com/mX8yQLuiY4
— JioCinema (@JioCinema) May 26, 2023
“This franchise provides everything to help you become a better player, whether it’s practice facilities or mental support. It feels like home. You just need to put in 1% effort, and the remaining 99% is taken care of by the franchise,” added Suryakumar Yadav.
Yadav’s testimony highlights the strong culture and support system within the Mumbai Indians, which has contributed to their consistent success in the IPL. As the team gears up for the crucial match against Gujarat Titans, Yadav’s gratitude and determination reflect the spirit and commitment of the Mumbai Indians franchise.