Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) banned the trio of Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Mendis and Niroshan Dickwell for one year after breaching the bio-secure bubble in England. All of them were seen having fun late at night in Durham before the One-Day International series and were immediately sent home.
Sri Lankan cricket board later on, banned all three of them from all cricketing action for one year. They were also handed a hefty fine as well. Now, two out of these three cricketers are planning to resume their cricketing career in the United States of America (USA). The names of these two cricketers aren’t revealed yet.
One of them has made the decision of leaving Sri Lanka last week while the other one has joined him now in the USA.
According to the reports published by Sunday Morning Sports, the sources revealed the two players are in line to start their cricketing career in the USA cricketing action for the next three years and will be paid $125,000 per year during this period. The source also claimed that these players got the backing of a legendary player who has played in the USA.
“The said arrangement is to play for U.S.A. for $ 125,000 per year, for three years. In his inquiry, the player was proved lying to the disciplinary committee on a fatal accident which he had committed some time ago. Now he is trying to take on the SLC CEO over his punishment,” the source said.
“This legend is a good pal of the player-manager of the two players who now try to leave the country. The legend well known in the cricket circles for playing covert double games,” the source further mentioned.
The trio of banned cricketers missed all the cricketing action involving Sri Lanka since breaching the bio-bubble.