When it’s India vs Pakistan it’s just not cricket, it’s more than that! There’s increase in emotions among people all around. In the current political backgrounds between the nations more than cricket, trolls have taken over media and also news about rivalries are common nowadays.
Amongst such animosity, it’s the cricketer of the nations that have proved some sigh of relief showing that there’s so much that can be done about this friendship. They are just rivals on the field but off the field, they are just friends. So we list for you few such instances that show the bond between them :
- When Virat Kohli Gifted His Bat To Mohammad Amir: It was back in 2016 ahead of the mouthwatering World T20 clash between the arch rivals. He took the bowler by surprise as he handed over the prized bat to Amir during a pre-match practice session at the Eden Gardens Stadium in Kolkata. Amir too thanked him for this gesture.
- When Sehwag Defended Sarfaraz Khan’s Hindi: Not to mention but Pakistani cricketers are always trolled for their English vocabulary. But Sehwag wrote something perfect on Twitter bashing the trollers. “Criticizing Sarfaraz for not speaking English is insane.His job is to play&he has done brilliantly 2 take Pak in finals #StopColonialMindset” he wrote.
- When Pakistani cricketer Kainat Imtiaz said Jhulan Goswami was her inspiration: It happened during the World Cup 2017. When Pakistan Cricketer praised the leading ODI wicket taker and Indian legend Jhulan Goswami by posting a picture on Instagram and sharing a story. She wrote “In 2005 I saw the Indian team for the 1st time as the Asia cup was held in Pakistan. I was the ball picker during the tournament…
I saw @julangoswami. The fastest bowler of that time. I was so impressed that I chose cricket as a career. Specifically fast bowling. It’s a proud moment for me as after 12 years today in 2017 I am playing this ODI World Cup with one of my inspirations and getting more inspired……. “
- When Dhoni had a dad moment with Sarfaraz Ahmed’s son: This picture became viral just before the Champions Trophy when Indian former Captain was seen posing for a picture with Pakistan Captain Sarfaraz’s little son. They looked so cute together and was a perfect example of the bonding.
- When Yuvraj, Dhoni, and Kohli posed with Pakistani cricketer Azhar Ali’s kids: Yet another fan boy moment. Indian cricketers have fan worldwide and this time it was Azhar Ali’s little boys. Azhar Ali himself posted the picture thanking these men to pose with his boys. He wrote “Thanks to these legends for sparing their time for my kids they were so happy…. @msdhoni @imVkohli @YUVSTRONG12“
Such beautiful gestures surely prove cricket is more than just rivalry!