The three-match T20I series is currently level by the 1-1 margin. The third and last T20I of this series will be played on Saturday (24/02/2018) at the Newlands (Cape Town). Both teams are looking forward to this series decider.
In India’s ongoing full-tour of South Africa, South Africa had won the three-match Test series by the 2-1 margin while India dominated the six-match ODI series by winning with the 1-5 margin. So, both teams have the opportunity to win their second series in this full-tour and end on a high note.
The match is scheduled to begin at IST 21:30 (local time 18:00).
Before the important encounter, we will look at some important stats at here.
Important stats previews of the 3rd T20I
- Records at Newlands (Cape Town)
- Head-to-head T20I records between South Africa and India
|Venues||Matches||India won||South Africa Won||Tied/No Result|
|In South Africa||6||4||2||0/0|
|At Newlands (Cape Town)||–||–||–||-/-|
- Highest and Lowest T20I totals at Newlands (Cape Town)
|Team||Highest T20I total||Lowest T20I total (completed*)|
|Overall||188/9 (20 overs)||101 (19.3 overs)|
|South Africa||178/4 (20 overs)||135/7 (20 overs)|
(Note: completed lowest T20I total means only those innings where a team played full 20-overs or were bowled out. Not granted the reduced over matches excluding the all-out totals)
- In the T20I history at Newlands (Cape Town), first innings average = 149 runs; second innings average = 145 runs.
- Total 15 T20Is have been played till the date at Newlands (Cape Town). Out of those matches, the first batting teams have won only three times while the second batting teams have won 12 times.
- Highest T20I knock for any team at Newlands (Cape Town)
|Overall||Hashim Amla||97*||Australia||9th March 2016|
|South Africa||Hashim Amla||97*||Australia||9th March 2016|
- Best T20I bowling performance for any team at Newlands (Cape Town)
|Overall||Imran Tahir||4-0-21-4||England||19th February 2016|
|South Africa||Imran Tahir||4-0-21-4||England||19th February 2016|
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli (1,983 T20I runs) needs only 17 more runs to become the third batsman to score 2,000 or more runs in the T20I career. The other two on this list are New Zealand batsmen Martin Guptill (2,271 runs) and Brendon McCullum (2,140 runs).
- Indian skipper Virat Kohli needs only two sixes to become the third most no.of six hitters in international cricket as an Indian skipper. Here is the top four list:
Most no.of six hitters in international cricket as an Indian skipper
|Indian captains||No.of six hit in international cricket|
- Indian wicket-keeper MS Dhoni (49 catches took in T20I) needs to take only one catch to complete his 50 catches in the T20I career. Dhoni will be the first wicket-keeper and second T20I player to achieve this feat. South African cricketer AB de Villiers (total 65 catches) is the only other player to take 50 or more catches in the T20I career.
- Indian right-arm pacer Jasprit Bumrah (14 wickets) needs only two wickets to become the most wicket-taking T20I bowler for India on the away venues (excluding neutral venues). Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin is leading in this list with 15 T20I wickets on the away venues.
- Also, the Indian right-arm pacer Jasprit Bumrah (22 wickets) needs only two wickets to become the most wicket-taking T20I pacer for India outside the home venues (all the away venues including the neutral venues). The left-handed pacer Irfan Pathan is leading the list with 23 T20I wickets.