While the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) has focused on many talented youngsters for the upcoming IPL season (IPL 2019), Shivam Dube is one-off them who has joined the team after RCB bought him from the IPL 2019 Auction for INR 5 crore. The 25-year-old is a very talented all-rounder.
Recently, before the IPL auction, the legendary Indian batsman Sunil Gavaskar praised Dube and predicted that the IPL franchises would eagerly target at him. The legendary Indian batsman felt that he is one of the top powerful left-handed batsmen since Sourav Ganguly and Yuvraj Singh.
In the IPL 2019 Auction, Delhi Capitals (DC) started the bidding process on his base price for INR 20 lakh. RCB put a very strong challenge to DC and later, RCB beat Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) Mumbai Indians (MI) too secure the talented all-rounder.
Here are some important facts about Shivam Dube’s cricketing career:
- The 25-year-old Shivam Dube is a left-handed batsman and right-arm medium pacer. He plays as an all-rounder.
- Shivam plays for Mumbai. Meanwhile, talking about his youth career, Dube played for Mumbai U23.
- Shivam was an important member during Mumbai U23’s tournament victory in 2015/16 Col CK Nayudu Trophy. He scored 364 runs in nine innings with an average of 52.00.
- Shivam made his professional career debut through T20 cricket. He made his T20 debut when his team Mumbai played against Baroda at Mumbai in the 2015/16 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy (18 January 2016). He has played 13 T20s where he has scored 189 runs (average 23.62) and has taken 10 wickets (average 26.30).
- Shivam made his List A debut on 26 February 2017 when Mumbai faced Rajasthan at Chennai in the 2016/17 Vijay Hazare Trophy. He has played 18 List A matches where he has scored 248 runs (average 27.55) and taken 23 wickets (average 26.60).
- Shivam made his first-class cricket debut in the 2017/18 season. It was the 2017/18 Ranji Trophy quarter-final game between Mumbai and Karnataka at Nagpur in December 2017. He has played 7 first-class matches where he has scored 645 runs (average 58.63) and taken 26 wickets (average 21.84)
- In the ongoing 2018/19 Ranji Trophy, Shivam is the leading wicket-taker for his team as he has picked up 21 wickets (average 22.38). Also, he is the second leading run-scorer for his team as he has scored 567 runs in 11 innings with an average of 63.00.
- In this year, Shivam has hit five sixes in an over for two times. During the T20 Mumbai league, Dube hit five sixes in an over to Pravin Tambe at the Wankhede Stadium. In this season’s Ranji Trophy, Dube again hit five sixes (consecutive) in an over against Baroda’s Swapnil Singh and that too just a day before the IPL 2019 Auction.
- Shivam featured in the inaugural T20 Mumbai League (2018) for Shivaji Park Lions. While his team finished as a runner-up, Shivam was the Player of the Tournament for his all-round performances.